Monday, March 5, 2012

Music Monday- Brooke Fraser

Many of us hear Brooke Fraser on the radio
every day but may not know her name. At least
I didn't. Brooke Fraser is from Hillsong which
is a church in New Zealand. Many of us know 
her from her song Hosanna, which rocks. This 
woman is a wonderful example, to me, of being 
in the world but not of it. She has been on the 
scene in New Zealand since she was 17. She was 
writing songs and performing as a teenager. She 
has toured with John Mayer. She plays piano and 
guitar and sings and write songs and, and, and... 
But what I love about her is that it is never 
a secret that she is in love with Christ. 

The song I am posting today for Music Monday, she
wrote. I like this song for so many reasons. First,
the video is beautiful. Second, for some reason I
love that all of the string players are elderly. 
Really goes along with the songs theme of loving 
Christ for life. Each string player is playing
so beautifully and with such heart.I also like 
that even though she has an amazingly powerful 
voice, she does not blast it in this song. It is 
very personal and very intimate. A love song, 
if you will, for her savior. Lastly, I love that 
she reminds me that being a Christian is not about 
keeping score of the good and bad that we do. 
It is about a relationship it is about wanting only 
Christ with all that we are.



Have a blessed week everyone and remember
it is not about the Arithmetic!

No comments: