Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Rock

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."  Psalm 62:1-2

I find that when I am getting a little beat up in the waves of life the Psalms are a great place to go. There are for sure days when I wonder why I wanted to be a grown up. Lately life has been so full of change and difficult decisions for my husband and I, that I have had days when I am not sure if I should even get out of the bed. I read this scripture today and admit that I am feeling a little guilty that I have had days where I have not held to this truth. I have not let him be my rest and I have been shaken. 

If we look forward in this passage, we find in verses 5 and 6 "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken." King David is repeating himself?  There is a pastor that I love, Steven Furtick, and he talks about Preaching to ourselves everyday. He has posted in multiple places truths and promises from God's word so he can "Preach" to himself throughout the day. I will admit I am not a theologian but it seems to me that King David is preaching to himself what he already knows about our God because he needs the reminder. He was speaking the promises again and again that he was holding to. The enemy can relentless in reminding us of our faults and we need to be relentless to remind ourselves over and over of God's love for us and his promises.

Prayer:
Lord,
   I am feeling a little shaky right now but you Are my rock and my salvation. You are my fortress and my desire is to find rest in you and only in you. I know that you are my only hope and the only complete and real truth in my life. Thank you that I don't have to do this life on my own but that I have you as my help and my guide. 
Amen

No comments: