Friday, July 5, 2013

Morning Joy

Psalm 90:14- "Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives"

I was up today at 6:30 at the request of my handsome husband, who was leaving for work, to turn the water off to our garden. Our 8 year old was already up playing his DS and the 5 year old was still fast asleep. So while waiting on the garden, the 60 pound 8 year old sat in my lap and we played DS together. Then I had some coffee and then the 5 year old got up and sleepily sat in my lap for 10 minutes and it was such a glorious morning. I love my days off when they are like this because it reminds me of when they were babies. Remember how they would get up and were so happy to see you and they would let you hold them? 

Truthfully on my day off I wanted to sleep in a bit. I could have let the early rise put me in a mood but look at the blessing I would have missed. Quiet beautiful moments with each of my children. Not a single doubt in my mind that this came from the Lord. So many scriptures I found today about rising early in the morning. The morning is a new beginning and a new time to get started on the task the Lord has set before us. Often mornings are such a difficult time for moms trying to get the breakfast and lunches and clothes on and teeth brushed and, and, and....  But clearly from this verse above we are to sit in His unfailing love EACH morning so we may have JOY!! I am not an early riser but experience tells me that when there is quiet time in the AM and the day is not rushed and frantic, it goes much smoother. Acts 2:28 says, "You have shown me the way of life, and you will fill me with the joy of your presence." Two different books by two different authors, each proclaiming the Joy He brings. When we are in His presence quietly and humbly, Joy is sure to be there.

Prayer:
 Lord,
  Thank you for the sunrise and the promise that a new day brings hope and renewal. Please be my Joy today. Life can be chaotic and difficulties can abound but you changed our lives and NO one can take that away. 
Amen

No comments: