Friday, July 12, 2013

Wonderful Love!!

"What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?" Romans 8:31

I find that a bad day can be turned right around with Romans 8:28-39. We all have those days when nothing seems to be working in our favor. So many irritations and that little voice, that I have previously mentioned, creeps in an tells us how no good we are. It seems like possibly every one you know may in fact not like you. And of course this is all in our heads, but we just can't help but feel like the whole world is out to get us some days.

But I love verse 35 "Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute or in danger, or threatened with death?" If you read on you will find the answer to be a resounding NO!! This makes me think of how I am with my children. I discipline them because I love them. I try to correct them because I love them. But at various points through out the day I work diligently to remind them that they are two of the best things that have ever happened to me. Can I promise them that they will never face a hardship or that everyday will be sunshine and fun? NO and it would be crazy to even promise that nothing difficult will ever happen to them. And just like I work to make sure that my children know, despite a difficult day, their existence makes my world awesome God so desires to remind us that our existence makes his world awesome too. That is why I just love this passage in Romans that even though life is hard and we will face trials, God's love for us and his power in our lives cannot be taken from us. If that doesn't turn around a bad day, I don't know what will!

Prayer,

   Thank you Lord that Nothing in this world can separate me from you or your love and that you are for me. You are good and you never change and I hold to that daily. You are my rock and my redeemer and I trust in you. Remind me daily that while in little irritations or big life difficulties you are never going to leave me and you love me with a love that I can't begin to comprehend.
Amen

No comments: